Name: Sarah Elizabeth Rose******, aka "Jingle Hopper"
Sex: Female (under much debate)
1. Go to this site: Choose your wand. Pick your wand and then paste what the site says your wand would be good for: "All-rounded work! Your wand is very powerful, it exceeds in all areas of magic! Congrats!" (I chose an ash wand with unicorn tail hair, supple, and 12.25 inches. My wand is actually 11.75, but this was the closest.)
2. What types of memories would you put in the Pensieve? Good? Bad? and why would you choose those? Stupid, annoying, superfluous ones that only took up space in my head, the things I look back on and go, "WHY do I remember this?!" I would probably also do away with the memory of being molested, if only so I could stop angsting over it. -.-''
3. How do you feel about the Dark Arts? For? Against? Indifferent? *sigh* This is so COMPLEX to explain. There's no such thing as dark arts. Magic is a purely neutral power. That's all it is, is power. It's what you DO with it. Good and evil are just words that humans come up with because they have to have lines in their lives, because they can't live without rules. There is creation, and there is destruction, and they are out of balance. Humans are so terrified of their destructive natures that they declare them 'evil' and avoid them like the plague. The destructive half of reality - the yang, if you will - is so... stifled and misunderstood, that I feel obliged to support it, if only to uphold the balance. Basically what I'm saying here is that 'good' isn't better than 'evil', that they need to be -equal-, and for that, a lot more people have to support evil. And I'm one of them. So yes, the Dark arts would definitely be... my bag. ^_^ Plus I have no morals. Pesky little things, those.
4. Which person from the Harry Potter world do you feel you relate the most to and why? ...hmmm. Well. I hate to say it, but... Luna Lovegood. Such a nut, completely out of her gourd, and nobody gets her, but she's so cool and has a completely different perspective on the world that, when other people stand on their desks to see it from her POV, they go "OH!" and have an epiphany. Either that, or Sirius Black, because even to the end he held onto his childish exuberance in spite (and I literally mean, in spite, to spit in the face) of all the horrible things that happened to him. Reckless, careless, immature, selfish, oblivious, stubborn, loyal, violent, uncontrollable.... all these things apply to both of us.
5. Which character from Harry Potter is your favorite and why? I can't answer this without being biased by fanon. There are so many amazingly developed and rounded characters, and things change, but I think Sirius still just takes the cake. He reminds me so much of myself... and manages to die in such a stupid and yet noble way, and that's quite an accomplishment. either that, or Dumbledore, because he's SO MUCH like Papa Dragon. -.- YES GREG I MEAN YOU
6. Which character from Harry Potter is your LEAST favorite and why? um. Ronald Weasley. I don't even know why, I just don't like him. Needs a smack. -.-' Such a DORK, so blind, so... prejudiced.
7. What wizarding job would you like to have? Something involving potions. Magical chemistry? OH HELLA YEAH! I'm so there.
8. As a student at Hogwarts, how would you spend your free time? Reading, writing poetry/stories, trying to invent new spells.... that sort of stuff.
9. Colors tell a lot of people. We ask you to pick a color from Color Symbolism Chart that fits you best. Copy and paste it here. This link is 'forbidden' to me, but my favourite colors are cerulean blue, true violet, and sunshine yellow. >.>'
10. Name a person, alive, dead or even a character from a movie or book, that you most admire. Why do you admire this person? ...gaaah. Make it HARD why don't you. -.-' I'm going to be completely insane here and... Corwin of Amber. He fought SO hard to achieve his dream, but when the time came for him to take what he'd spent decades of his life struggling for, he gave it up because he wasn't the best man for the job. (If you haven't read Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber, go do it, NOW.) He's ruthless yet noble, cultured yet underhanded, and he has all the stubborn determination a man can possibly have. He has his -EYES- burned out and is locked in a dungeon for years on end, and he survives, gets out, and GROWS his eyes back. The guy is incredible. Completely amazing. And so smexalicious, too. >.>'
11. If you could own any magical creature, what would it be? Own, or be very good friends with? 'Cause my best friend comes from a family of dragons, and I'm a pooka. I'd want someone to talk to, who might understand me, who was so far outside the box they'd forgotten what cardboard looked like... I don't really know that there's any particular magical creature that could do that. It would be a more specific thing. However, because I'm a horribly lazy slob, I'd love a house-elf. I'd be nice to it, because happy servants are the kind you want, and I'm pretty sure that if they LIKE to serve people, he wouldn't mind. ^_^ It could be a symbiotic relationship - her cleaning up after me, me giving her something to do.
12. In your opinion, what are one or two of your strongest personality traits? (example: outspoken, kind, funny, etc. Pick only up to two) batshit insane? o.o''' Is that an option, here? Heh, just kidding. More... hhmmm. I'm a cynical dreamer, as oxymoronic as that may seem. I know how horrible the world is, and how bad life can be, and I try to accept it, but that doesn't mean I can't hope otherwise. I'm the ultimate optimist. To me, the glass is not half full or half empty, but completely full - half full of air and half full of water.
13. What is one of your own biggest character flaws? (example: I talk too much, I'm lazy, etc. Pick only one!) I don't think before I act. It's mostly immaturity. When you're a kid you're not responsible for your actions, so you don't worry about what happens when you do stupid shit. But when you grow up... you have to start taking that into account. And it sucks, and it's HARD. So I guess yes, my immaturity is probably my greatest flaw. Best part about that? I have a chance of growing out of it someday! XDDD
14. What qualities do you value in a friend? ...hm. I like it when they think like I do (I.e., along no lines known in reality). When we can understand each other just with a grin, when we can brainstorm together and never finish a single sentence in a conversation because it's not words that are needed. Somebody I can sit there in silence with and be perfectly comfortable. People I can hang out with at Denny's at three a.m. putting maple syrup in the coffee and laughing together, the insane, the unconventional, the weirdos of the world. It's hard to explain. I'm friends with a lot of people, different kinds of people, but there's always that underlying thread that connects somehow. It's very hard to explain. I refuse to let any sort of perceived boundaries tell me who I can and can't be friends with. If we get along, and we hang out, that's all that matters. To hell with your color, your class, your gender - those are just qualities you HAVE. They're not YOU. So... yeah. (I talk a lot, but I can't consider it a flaw. At least, not my worst one.)
15. If you were faced with a boggart (something that takes the shape of something you fear), what shape would it be? ...I have wondered about this for the longest time, and I still don't know. I want to face a boggart just to see what it is that I truly fear most. I think... I think it would be me. For a long time, there were a lot of things I wouldn't try because I was afraid I wouldn't succeed. So... failure. I fear failure. Common, stupid, and.... well. *shrug* Easily explicable, I suppose. Other than that, I don't know.
16. If you looked into the Mirror of Erisid, what would you see? What would I see? I'm not sure. It changes. To me, happiness isn't something that you have because of certain things in your life. Happiness is a point of view. You can either take the good parts of your life for granted, and angst over the crappy bits, or you can savor the good and accept the bad. I would, however, probably envision myself as filthy rich, because I hate being poor and having to struggle to survive. -.-
17. Which of the Harry Potter books was your favorite and why? Always a hard one. PoA, cause I'm a canon whore and adore the Marauders... and in some ways, HBP, because Draco FINALLY grows a spine and does something worthy of his House, and Snape is incredibly sexy. ^_^'''
18. What is the worst quality you believe that a person can possess? Complete and utter stupidity. Wait, no. Ignorance, combined with no desire to overcome that ignorance. Stupid, moronic sheep who can't think for themselves, who don't want to take responsibility for their actions.... don't get me started.
19. What house do you feel you belong in and why? (Please note this does not mean we will choose for you to be in that house) Um. I could really fit into any of them except Hufflepuff (I'm too LAZY). I could be Gryffindor because I'm rash, violent, shortsighted, impulsive, and idealistic. I could be Ravenclaw because I'm obsessed with knowledge, discovery, strategy, creativity, books, and theoretical thinking. I could be Slytherin because I'm the outcast one, the one struggling to uphold the balance between the two halves of reality (and fighting for the losing side, no less!). I'm ambitious and, when I stop to think, very clever indeed. I don't have morals. But mostly, I'm Slytherin for one big reason. The world is run by idiots and I am rather confident that I could do a better job. As Indy once said, "If I'm going to help raise the next Dark Lord, it's going to be ME."
20. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? My appearance. It's not just vanity, I don't think, but it's one of the main factors in my complete lack of self-esteem. I think that if I were pretty and skinny I wouldn't hate myself, and I despise society for making me feel like this.
21. What character would you choose to be your best friend and why? Severus Snape. His cold, calculating manner would be the perfect off-set to my own hyperactive personality. If I was going to do something stupid, one flat stare would remind me of HOW stupid it would be. Plus we could have endless fun with potions. ^_^
22. Which class do you think you would do well in? Why? Astronomy, of course, or potions. Possibly arithmancy. I'm obsessed with science - Chemistry, physics, all that stuff. Especially astrophysics. I'm good with math, I actually -get- algebra and I liked geometry, and potions... well. It's chemistry. And I ADORE chemistry. It's FUN. Kids in my class looked at me like I was completely nuts when I said I loved doing stoichiometry. >.>' The idea of... particular ingredients combining, balancing each other out to create the final, perfect result... it makes me feel like a god.
23. Which class do you think you wouldn't do well in and why? Transfiguration, or history. I hate history. So, so boring. It's just memorizing dead guys' names and dates. Pointless. I believe in learning from the mistakes of the past, yes, but.... history doesn't teach the mistakes of the past. One look at society will show you the mistakes of the past, still being perpetrated today. That, and I'm lazy and never do homework. Homework was invented to help drill the material into kids' brains, and I'm one of those people who hears it once and gets it. Homework is never anything more than superfluous. I used to amaze my teachers. I wouldn't turn in a single assignment all term, I would read in class, not pay an iota of attention.... and then I'd ace the final. They never got it. That was why I loved Chemistry so much - I actually LEARNED.
24. If you were on the Quidditch team what position would you like to play? Beater. Smacking at things with sticks is good therapy. I'd be a bad Chaser, I can't throw or catch. I might be able to do Seeker.... but I think as a Beater I'd be best. ^_^'
25. Name a quality from each of the four houses that you possess. Slytherin's scorn for normality, Gryffindor's rash bravery ("A Gryffindor's idea of a clever plan is, 'Everybody on the count of three!' "), Ravenclaw's thirst for knowledge, and Hufflepuff's loyalty. Don't mess with my friends, or I'll play in your entrails. ^_^
26. How did you hear about us? If it was from someone, please state the journal name, if you saw an ad somewhere, please say where and if you remember also say who placed the ad. I found the link from my girlfriend's LJ.